Spotlight: Urban Farmer, Portland OR
We had the amazing opportunity to check out Urban Farmer in Portland, OR. Not only does this place have incredible cheese plates, they have a cheese CART with seven different textures and flavors to choose from. The cheese plate experience at this restaurant is truly a unique one.
Lynsey, cheesemonger extraordinaire, made us a beautiful spread with a selection of the following:
- Cascadia Creamery Glacier Blue from Washington - An 100% Cows Milk, approachable blue with a deliciously rich, savory flavor.
- Hooks Creamery 8 Year Aged Cheddar form Wisconsin - A Cows Milk cheese, enjoyably sharp.
- Cowgirl Creamery Seasonal Devil’s Gulch from California - A cheese with a bright, sweet spiciness tempered by the rich creaminess of the paste.
- Central Coast Creamery Ewenique From California - A Sheep’s Milk cheese with sweetness and flavors of salted caramel and fresh vanilla beans with a slight hint of citrus.
- Italian Water Buffalo Cheese - A harder texture and with notes of citrus.
- Goats Gouda Cheese - A wonderful full flavor with small crystals.
- Queso Leonora’s Chèvre from Spain - A rich goat’s cheese.
The plate was paired with:
- Local Honey from Portland - Urban Farmer actually have a rooftop garden with local beehives!
- Caramel made in house - Fun fact! Urban Farmer uses milk from a local cow they sponsor named Charlotte.
- Housemade crackers
Urban Farmer makes a point in sourcing local cheese and accouterments for their plates. Everything we tried was delicious. We were thoroughly impressed and highly recommend it!
Follow Urban Farmer on Instagram and check them out whenever you’re in Portland!